This portable coffee device allows you to brew a fantastic cup of Tropic Coffee wherever you go. In this simple step-by-step guide, we'll cover the essential equipment, a basic recipe, and easy-to-follow instructions to help you brew a delicious cup of coffee.
Before we get started, let's make sure you have all the necessary tools at your disposal. Here's what you'll need:
- AeroPress: We have two options to choose from here at Tropic.
- The AeroPress Go kit also includes stirrer, filter holder, scoop, filters (x350), lid, and a mug that doubles as a carrying case.
- The Aeropress Clear is made with the same patented technology, but now in crystal clear, shatterproof Tritan™. Cool enough for display, tough enough for the road.
- Coffee: Tropic's Mocha Brazil Blend Coffee in the AeroPress grind is the perfect choice
- Kettle: Consistent water temperature is crucial for a great brew. A gooseneck kettle with temperature control is ideal, but if you don't have one, a standard Kettle will do the job.
- AeroPress Filters: Get a stack of AeroPress filters. These filters ensure a clean and flavourful cup of coffee.
- Scale: Use a digital scale to measure your coffee and water accurately.
Now that you have all the necessary equipment, let's dive into the recipe. This recipe will serve as a foundation for your brewing, allowing you to experiment and adjust according to your taste preferences:
- Coffee: 15 grams (about 1.5 tablespoons) of Tropic's Mocha Brazil Blend Coffee in the AeroPress Grind.
- Water: 240 milliliters (8 fluid ounces) of water, heated to around 90-96°C (194-205°F).
- Brew Time: 1 minute (adjustable to taste).
- Heat the water: Start by boiling water and letting it cool for about 1 minute to reach the desired temperature range of 90-96°C (194-205°F). Proper water temperature is crucial for optimal extraction.
- Preparing the AeroPress: While the water is heating, prepare your AeroPress Go. Remove the plunger, place a microfilter inside the cap, and attach it securely to the chamber.
- Pre-wet and discard the filter: Rinse the filter by pouring some hot water through it. This removes any paper residue and warms up the brewing chamber. Discard the rinse water.
- Add coffee and water: Place the AeroPress on top of your favourite coffee mug or vessel. Add the coffee grounds into the brewing chamber. Slowly pour the heated water over the coffee grounds, ensuring all grounds are saturated.
- Stir and steep: Using the provided stirrer or a spoon, gently stir the coffee and water mixture for about 10-15 seconds. This helps to ensure an even extraction.
- Attach the plunger and brew: Carefully attach the plunger to the brewing chamber. Begin applying gentle downward pressure, creating a seal. Brew for about 1 minute.
- Plunge and enjoy: After the brew time has elapsed, continue applying gentle pressure on the plunger, gradually forcing the brewed coffee through the microfilter and into your mug. The ideal plunge time should be around 20-30 seconds.
- Clean and repeat: Remove the cap and push the coffee puck and filter into the bin. Rinse the AeroPress and its components with water for easy cleaning. Now you're ready to brew another delicious cup of coffee!
Congratulations! You've just mastered the art of brewing with AeroPress. Now, armed with your portable brewing companion, you can enjoy a perfect cup of Tropic Coffee wherever your adventures take you. Visit tropiccoffee.co.uk to explore our premium coffee selections and find your perfect match. Happy brewing!